- Yoga & Ayurveda Reisen
- Yoga Kurse & Ausbildungen
Yin Yoga is the ideal complement to our yang-oriented life and helps us to be in balance. In yin yoga, we maintain gentle postures over a longer period of time to work on our joints, bones, ligaments and fascia rather than on our muscles, as in Yang Yoga.
Due to the long duration in the poses, we also go into the depths not only on the physical but also on the mental level and can therefore do a lot of inner work through the yin yoga practice.
Yin yoga is associated with the Chinese energy system of meridians. In yin yoga, we work on various meridians and organs to balance the energy flow and release emotional blockages.
We have deliberately set this course in the time of Christmas and New Year, so that you can combine the New Year with a lot of inner work on yourself.
In the last 4 days we will explore a little more of Kerala and get some holiday feeling while we live in beautiful resorts in the backwaters and on the beach.
- Yin and Yang Theory
- Yin Yoga Theory
- Chinese meridian and organ theory in relation to emotions and physical diseases
- Yin Yoga Poses, Names, Benefits, Adjustments
- Yin Yoga and Props
- Teaching Methodology of Yin Yoga
This course is for:
- Yoga teachers who want to be trained in teaching yin yoga
- Students interested in Yin Yoga
- For registered Yoga Teachers of the Yoga Alliance who want to receive certified training hours
- for those who crave for a relaxing yoga retreat in India for Christmas and New Year with a focus on yin yoga
Our yoga camp in Kerala is located in the middle of a tea and spice plantation in the Western Ghat near a village called Suryanelli. It is a very secluded place, away from the main tourism and just perfect for a relaxing yoga stay. Surrounded by hills and close to a lake, this place offers many attractions and activities nearby.
During the day, yin and yang yoga classes (for balance) and meditation classes, lectures and workshops take place in the morning and afternoon. In the evening we will enjoy Kirtan singing, satsang, small lectures or meditation.
The camp is simple but beautiful. We will stay in comfortable and spacious tents with proper beds.
Showers and toilets are common and there is a hot water supply.
The camping team will provide us with fresh and tasty vegetarian food three times a day. Fresh herbal tea and drinking water will always be available. A massage therapist is also available in the camp and offers optional massages daily.
The last 3 days of the retreat will take you to the beautiful canals of the backwaters for a small kayak tour and to a luxurious Ayurveda Beach Resort so you can fully relax before you head home.
We will offer a Christmas and New Year tour with a special Christmas and New Year celebration from 18.12.2021-01.02.22.
Day 1 Arrival in Cochin and direct transfer to the camp (5 hours)
We will provide you with a hotel room near the airport so that all participants can rest a little and then start the trip together to the camp. Upon arrival, we will distribute the tents and enjoy our first yoga class in the afternoon, followed by a welcome dinner with campfires and mantra singing.
Day 2 -11 Yin Yoga Course
6:45 am Tea Time
7:00-7:20 am Meditation
7:30-9:00 am Yoga classes (alternating yin or yang)
9:15 am Breakfast
10:00 am -1:00 pm Lectures, Workshops on Yin-Yoga
1:30 pm Lunch
2:00-3:00 pm Rest, massages, self-study
3:00-4:00 pm Lecture, Workshop
4:00 pm Tea
4:30-6:00 pm Yoga Class (alternating yin or yang yoga)
7:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Evening program
Closing ceremony on the last day of the evening
Day 12 Transfer to The Backwaters (5 hours) and Kayak Tour, Stay at Paloma Resort
Today we leave the camp and start our 3-day mini-deluxe holiday
After a 5-hour transfer, we reach the backwaters. A huge artificial canal system near the Arabian Sea. We check into our luxurious resort. After lunch, we enjoy a small two-hour kayak tour through the small canals to experience local life and the different scenery.
In the evening you can take an Ayurveda treatment or take part in a yoga class.
Day 13 and 14 Marari Beach Resort
2 days of pure relaxation and luxury await us. Marari Beach Resort is located right on the beautiful beach and has all the amenities you could wish for. Enjoy two yoga classes a day.
A “surprise New Year’s dinner party” is on.
Day 15 transfer (2 hours) to the airport and departure home
- 11 nights in the camp with full board
- 1 night at Paloma Resort with breakfast
- 2 nights at Marari Beach Resort with breakfast and special celebration at the end of the year
- all means of transport
- 2 weeks 80-hour yoga instructor training certified with Yoga Alliance and course material
- Certificate (training hours with the Yoga Alliance)
International flight Visa Massages unmentioned meals
Prices and Dates
Price per person: 1850 € (4-16 participants) 300 € single room supplement
This intensive yoga training requires a lot of discipline and commitment. In order to obtain the certificate, no hours of absence may be recorded and a theoretical and practical examination must be passed.
Yoga classes and teachers
YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider), instructor and yoga teacher
Sarah, a trained Yin Yoga teacher, will coordinate all your teaching, theory and practical session. In addition, she will teach the morning meditation and together with her co-teacher Noor.
What you should bring
- comfortable yoga clothes (tops, shorts and leggings possible)
- a set of loose and light clothing (knee and shoulder covered)
- a scarf or cloth
- some beautiful dresses for the New Year party and resorts
- some warm layers for cool evenings
- Walking shoes
- Clothes for hikes
- small backpack
- Flip-flops or sandals
- Toiletries (sunscreen) and small medical equipment
- Passport (copy), credit or debit card, some cash in your currency (approx. € 50-100),
- Mobile phone, camera, charger (no adapter), maybe laptop
- notebook, writing material
- a lot of curiosity